Social Media Manager job description
The European Culture Collection Organization (ECCO) is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our communication team! If you are a self-driven and ambitious tech-savvy professional we would like to meet you.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a “people person” with ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
The ECCO Social Media Manager will post on behalf of ECCO by working closely with the ECCO board, particularly with the communication team (Collections Officer/Secretary/IT Officer) and the responsible for the ECCO website.
Social Media Manager duties and responsibilities
- Communications strategy: in close collaboration with the ECCO board, you will create, plan and implement a social media campaign (choose social media channels and right tools to manage your content, open accounts, start following relevant stakeholders, make a list of relevant hashtags, etc).
- Content creation: Provide engaging, original, high-quality content text and/or image content for all social media accounts at least twice per month. Retweet/share relevant content from other stakeholders at least twice per month.
- Public relations: Respond to comments or forward the appropriate contact.
- Analytics measuring media campaigns: Monitor, track and report on feedback once every 3 months.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Events: you will be encouraged to attendmicrobiology-related events in your city and publish about them. Travel and accommodation costs to the ECCO meetings will be provided (London, 2020).
Social Media Manager requirements
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Hands on experience with social media management.
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (KPIs).
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels.
Please note that this work will be done in a voluntary basis, no economical retribution is made. This experience will be profitable to graduate students and young researchers to validate communication skills.
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 10th 2020.