- Institution: National Bank for Industrial Microorganisms and Cell Cultures
- Acronym: NBIMCC
49 St Kliment Ohridski blvd., bild. 3
- Website: http://www.nbimcc.org
Dipl. Eng. Snezhana Dimitrova
Tel.: +359 2 8720 865
Fax: +359 2 8720 865
The NBIMCC was established in 1984 and it is successor of the Bulgarian type Culture Collection (BTCC), founded in 1950. Since 2011, the NBIMCC is transformed in a specialized Institute in the structure of the University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy.
In 1987 the NBIMCC has been recognized as an \"International Depository Authority\" (IDA) by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
The NBIMCC maintains almost 7400 strains including bacteria, actinomycetes, yeasts, fungi, plasmid-bearing microorganisms, animal and plant viruses, and animal cell cultures. They belong to more than 950 species from 300 genera. The preserved strains are useful and applicable in health services, industry, agriculture, education and research investigations.
- Supply of strains from the public collection for different purposes (quality control, research, teaching, biotechnological applications, etc.)
- Deposit of strains:
- for patent purposes (Budapest Treaty)
- for public access
- for safe keeping
- Import and export of microorganisms and cell cultures
- Consultancy in culture and preservation methods
- Information provision by means of on-line catalogues
- Preservation of strains
- Isolation and taxonomic investigations of microorganisms, creation of "Genofund Bulgaria".
Quality Management System
The NBIMCC is ISO 9001:2015 certified for following scope: Preservation, supply, import and export of microorganisms and cell cultures.