- Institution: The Spanish Type Culture Collection (CECT)
- Acronym: CECT
Edificio 3 CUE. Parc Científic Universitat de València
Catedrático Agustín Escardino, 9
46980 Paterna (Valencia),
- Website: http://www.uv.es/cect , https://www.facebook.com/cectuv , https://twitter.com/cect_uv , https://www.linkedin.com/company/cect-uv , https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHQVGYq4B3JCdga7NAAe8aQ
Phone number: (+34) 963543105
- More than 8.000 strains of bacteria, archaea, yeast and filamentous fungi. Mengovirus vMCO. Phages (soon available).
- Main taxa: Bacteria from the order Lactobacillale, families Vibrionaceae and Rhodobacteraceae and genera Streptomyces. Filamentous fungi from the families Aspergillaceae, Trichocomaceae, Glomerellaceae, Hypocreaceae and Nectriaceae. Yeast from the family Saccharomycetaceae.
- Remarkable holdings: Delicate (Frankia) and recalcitrant (Planctomycetes) strains. Halophylic archaea. Wine and dairy related strains from different Spanish regions and other countries. Spanish Xylella strains. Several Oomycota plant pathogenic strains from the genus Pythium and Phytophthora.
- Applications: Agro, Food, Bioremediation, Biofuels, Pharma, Health
- Most WDCM/quality control strains.
Supply of microbial reference material (archaea, bacteria, yeast and filamentous fungi) in different formats (freeze-dried, active culture, genomic DNA, etc.)
Microbial identification by sequencing of essential genes
Microbial identification and characterisation by MALDI-TOF MS (matrix assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry)
Whole Genome Sequencing
Preparation, assembly and analysis of microbial genomes
Analysis of microbial cellular fatty acid composition (MIDI)
Microbial strain deposit (public, safe and for patent purposes)
Custody of biological material
Lyophilisation of microbial strains or biological samples
Identification, characterization and preservation of bacteria for Health&Food or Agro-Food applications
Microbial authentification and identification: MALDI-TOF MS and GC FAME
Optimization of cultivation and preservation protocols for delicate and recalcitrant strains
Exploring microbial diversity and its biotechnological potential
Quality Management System
ISO 9001 certified since 2004
Best Practices for Biological Resource Centres